To keep our families safe during these unprecedented times, we are implementing safeguards based on current CDC recommendations for home visits. Unfortunately, some of these measures will appear to detract from the very personal nature of our visits, however, most of our protocols will be very familiar to you.
• Upon entering, as always, we will wash our hands and in some circumstances, immediately put on gloves.
• We wipe down our equipment at the end of each visit.
• We wear masks for the protection of you and other families.
• We change our shirts between visits.
• We ask that you please let us know if you or anyone in your home has: been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19; has had a fever in the 48 hours before our visit or has a cough; congestion or difficulty breathing with fever (a true fever is a temperature that is 100.4 degrees or higher).
• We will practice, within reason, social distancing with dads and other children, maintaining as much distance as is reasonable in a home visit.
• We love to hug moms, dads, and siblings, but we will refrain from doing this for now. As always, we are committed to supporting you through the challenges of the postpartum period. Feel free to text or call if you have any questions.
You will find helpful information on COVID-19 at: